I made this salad yesterday morning, to have for lunch whenever I felt hungry. Like most of my kitchen creations, I made it using all the ingredients I found in the fridge, and without any planning. I really hate (*but I hate using that word!*)…Ok, let’s start again. It really displeases me to waste any food, so I always try to create something with the few ingredients left forgotten in the corners of the fridge at the end of the week. It’s always fun and challenging to try to convert them into something tasty, and with this simple salad I succeeded.
|Summer Salad|| |
- ½ cup cooked quinoa
- ½ cup sprouted and cooked mung beans (or any other bean sproute or cooked bean...or lentil...or chickpea)
- 1 cup sliced spinach (I actually used a different leafy green that is in season in New York right now and I found in the market, but it's very rare and I can't even remember it's name, so just replace with spinach as it's very similar to it)
- ¼ cup sliced radishes t
- ½ ripe avocado, cubed
- ¼ cup pitted and sliced black olives
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1tablespoon lemon juice
- Himalayan salt and pepper, to taste
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and serve.
Doesn’t it look pretty? I commented on Instagram that it reminded me of a summer garden, both in looks and in taste. And even though I wasn’t planning on sharing it here because it’s so simple, somebody asked for the recipe…so here it is!