I made this soup for breakfast a few days ago and absolutely LOVED it, so here you have it.
|Carrot, Zucchini, and Herb Cream Soup|| |
Recipe type: Soup
Cuisine: Healthy Vegetarian
Author: Morena Escardó
- ½ zucchini cut in cubes or slices (about 1 cup)
- 1 carrot cut in slices or cubes (about 1 cup)
- 1 chopped garlic clove
- ¼ onion (any kind), chopped
- 1 small piece (about ½ inch) ginger, grated
- 1 small piece (about ½ inch) fresh turmeric root, grated (or ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder)
- Salt, to taste
- 1 handful parsley
- 1 handful cilantro
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Cook the zucchini, carrot, onion, ginger, turmeric, and salt in a small pan with 1 cup water, over high heat.
- Bring to a boil and then cover the pan and lower the heat to very low. Cook like this for 10 minutes.
- Transfer the soup to a blender and process until creamy with the olive oil, cilantro, and parsley (add more water if it's necessary).